----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Noyes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 9:16 AM
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Earthlink PPP connection info (was: Problem
bootingBering RC3)

> On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 00:41, Brad Fritz wrote:
> > On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 00:43:04 CDT Patrick Teague wrote:
> > > but um...  any idea how to get it to redial or is the default
> > > ppp.lrp in the Bering rc3 already set up to do that?
> >
> > >From the options section of  "man pppd" on a full linux distro:
> >
> >  persist
> >     Do not  exit  after  a  connection  is  terminated;
> >     instead try to reopen the connection.
> >
> > So if you have the "persist" keyword in your /etc/ppp/options file
> > as described at
> >
> >   http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/bumodem.html
> >
> > , the router should automatically redial.  Somebody with Bering
>
> Patrick,
> Make sure to move /etc/ppp/no_ppp_on_boot to /etc/ppp/ppp_on_boot, or
> persist wont work properly.

OK, really weird now...  I did both of these & now I can't get the computer
to stop redialing.  As soon as it gets a connection it hangs up & redials.
If I use poff it gives me a message about multiple ppp sessions & can't do
anything because I didn't list any options.  I thought I had changed
everything back to the way it was, but now after it connects it just hangs
up, plus I get a segmentation fault when trying to load shorwall??

Help? :)

Patrick