Let me be sure I understand what you are saying -- the LEAF router itself
cannot connect to members.dyndns.org:80, but a host that is
firewalled/NAT'd behind it can (via a browser)? I'm actually guessing a bit
here, since you say "I can still login through a web browser" but do not
actually say that the browser in question is on a host behind the LEAF
firewall.

If I have it right, then the problem cannot be with the ISP blocking
anything (and who ever heard of an ISP blocking outgoing traffic to port 80
anyway - they'd be lynched by their customers). You must be hitting a
REJECT response from the router itself, which would (or at least could)
look to the TCP/IP stack like a "connection refused" response.

So the right thing to do is to check your ipchains or ipfilters ruleset.
Since I'm not a Shorewal expert, I have to leave it at that, aside from
suggesting that you supply the ruleset so those of us with the requisite
expertise can look for the problem and suggest a fix.

At 11:11 AM 7/31/02 -0700, Ping Kwong wrote:

>I made the switch from cable modem (which was getting worse every week
>with AT&T Broadband) back to DSL through SBC Global.  After a few
>problems here and there, I was able to get PPPoE working with Bering RC3
>on the router and the client machines through DHCPD.  The only change I
>made to Bering was to update the shorewall to 1.33 per Jacques update
>page following those instructions in the readme.  I tried to update to
>latest 1.35 LRP from the Shorewall site but couldn't figure out how that
>was done as my firewall rules would never load.  I never had to deal
>with updating IP addresses before since it was pretty fixed even though
>AT&T configured through a DHCP server so I would just update my IP
>address manually every month through dyndns.org.  Now I'm not sure how
>often the DSL connection will stay up and reassign a new IP address so I
>figure I would try and configure ez-ipupd.lrp through Jacques site and
>instructions.  Seems pretty straightforward the configuration file.  The
>problem is I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong or if my IP
>has been blocked.  The error message I'm getting is:
>
>connect: Connection refused:
>error connecting to members.dyndns.org:80
>
>I've tried to run it manually also after following the prompts and get
>the same error.  I can still login through a web browser to view my
>account but I don't see anywhere that shows that I may be blocked.  My
>configuration file:
>
>service-type=dyndns
>user=user:password
>interface=ppp0
>host=username.homeip.net
>#[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>max-interval=2073600
>cache-file=/tmp/ez-ipup
>
>I've tried it with and without the notify-email option and same results.
>Am I missing something or do I have to fill out their webform to ask
>them to stop the block?
>
>My other problem is with socks5.lrp.
[deleted]

--