> kazaa is only consuming about 10% of the bandwith.
> it maybe opens a lot of connections but this shouldnt bother DACHSTEIN
> either...
> The funny thing is also that, when the PC which is running kazaa
> opens a http connection to any website from time to time, everything
works
> fine....
> It only happens when kazaa is the only programm connected to the
> internet via the LEAF box for a few hours, and no other pc in the
network
> do a connection.

While the problem is occuring, could you try adding some packet tracing
rules to ipchains and posting the results?  Run the following commands
at a command prompt:

ipchains -I input -l
ipchains -I forward -l
ipchains -I output -l

This will cause packet info for *EVERYTHING* to be logged, so don't try
this when you've got lots of internet activity going on.  Once the rules
are in place, try connecting to a website from one of the systems that
is temporarily "disconnected", then do a connection from the kazza box
that should fix the problem (IIRC), and finally, repeat the connection
attempt from the disconnected/broken system (which should work now, if
I'm remembering your problem description correctly).

Provide the log files, and details of exactly what you tried (ie website
URL's and internal system IP addresses for help in decoding the log
files), and I'll see if I can spot anything out of the ordinary.  If
there's some sort of problem with the kernel's masquerading of packets
(happens in the forward ipchain), there should be records of packets
hitting the input chain, possibly hitting the forward chain, and not
making it to the output chain.  Conversly, if everything looks OK going
through ipchains, the problem is likely somewhere else.  Is your ISP
maybe doing some sort of masquerading or NAT on your connection?  I
can't off-hand think of anything the ISP would do that would break your
connection from some internal machines but not other, but I suppose it
could be possible...

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net