At 07:36 PM 8/11/02 +0200, Harald Krause wrote:

>kazaa is only consuming about 10% of the bandwith.
>it maybe opens a lot of connections but this shouldnt bother DACHSTEIN
>either...

I think I suggested earlier in this thread that it may be using up ALL the
available MASQ ports. If so, then that would "bother" Dachstein.

The 2.2.x kernel can be checked for this with "netstat -M". I can't get
that to work with 2.4.x, though ... I get "netstat: no support for
`ip_masquerade' on this system", which is pretty silly on a NAT'ing router.
Does anyone know the right command for checking iptables-NAT'd connections?

>The funny thing is also that, when the PC which is running kazaa
>opens a http connection to any website from time to time, everything works
>fine....
>It only happens when kazaa is the only programm connected to the
>internet via the LEAF box for a few hours, and no other pc in the network
>do a connection.
[...]