I used the natsemi.o from Bering.  They posted a new driver (thanks,
Jacques!) and everything's been fine since.

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/bering/latest/contrib/drivers/scyld/

 If that is your problem, you could recompile it yourself.  The
instructions for setting up a development environment on your client box
were posted shortly after the fix.

Harry