Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > You can submit a bug report against Mailman here:
> <snip>
> >
> > Thanks, Mike.  I appreciate the links.
> >
> > Not ever having administered a Mailman list, I wasn't sure whether the lack
> > of a bounce was a configuration problem or a bug, but I'll trust your
> > implication that it's the latter.
> >
> > I've now submitted a bug report -- thanks again for pointing me to the right
> > place.
>
> Dan,
> I have no way of knowing if it's a bug or not. I doubt it's a
> configuration problem by the SourceForge staff list admins or myself
> (list manager). The behavior you describe above may be normal for
> Mailman 2.0.9-sf.net.
>
> You may find this Mailman FAQ I wrote useful.
> http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#3.10
>
> Also note: Mailman 2.1 is in beta right now, and may incorporate
> enhanced rejection messages.

As you guessed, Mike, this is fixed (only) in Mailman 2.1.  Here's the
response to my bug report:

    Date: 2002-08-07 14:58

    Message:
    Logged In: YES
    user_id=12800

    This won't be changed for MM2.0.x but it already works this
    way in Mailman 2.1.  The original message is contained in
    the rejection notice as an attachment.

No doubt the SourceForge staff will move to 2.1 once it's stable.

--
Dan Harkless
[EMAIL PROTECTED]