Hi all:

I guess this is an often asked question. I'm trying to prepare a hdd for
bering boot. I booted the system from a floppy, loaded ide-mod.o,
ide-disk.o and ide-probe-mod.o into /boot/lib/modules, enumerated them
in /boot/etc/modules. I did a manual insmod and then am able to mount
the hdd. Did syslinux, xfr of linux and edited syslinux.cfg to point
pkgpath and boot to /dev/hda1. I backed up the current config using d l
>>c>>hda1:msdos and the package got backed up fully. I edited linuxrc to
show verbose messages before backing up.

When I boot, the boot device is not recognised. The system hangs after
generating /dev directory and trying to load boot. Obviously, the disk
is not getting recognised. Since the system is going to linuxrc, ide
drivers would have got loaded after initrd. In may earlier attempt I got
errors here as I had included the .o extension in the /boot/etc/modules
file. Thus I know the drivers are getting loaded now - no error msgs.
Maybe /dev/hda1 is not accessible! Why? I can mount and access thro'
commandline.

Thanks in advance. I guess I'm missing something simple or trivial. I
followed bubooting.html in the bering site.

Mohan