Craig,

        I have both Cisco's and LEAF boxen in service.

        I too find alot more configurability with my LEAF box(s).  I have used
Cisco's for years for routers on T-1's and such and will probably continue
to use them in the future.  But for firewalling and SNAT etc. it's the LEAF
box to the rescue.  I have a Wi-LAN which sits inside my LEAF box.  I can
assign different clients different IP groups ie customer A gets 10.1.5.0/24
and customer B gets 10.1.6.0/24 therefore customer A cannot get into
customer B's machines and I sit on 10.20.30.0/24 and can allow myself access
to any of the IP groups.  I then have certian customers who cannot contain
themselves enought to stay out of their settings and mess them up all the
time.  So for those customers I put VNC on their machine and I can login and
fix their mail account or whatever when they mess it up.  But they are
protected by the LEAF box from the Internet or from other users, so there's
no worry about having VNC on the machine.

        I also have a Cisco 3000 VPN server, which if it wasn't given to me free I
wouldn't have, that can easily be replaced by a LEAF box, to provide VPN
connections to the private network behind the firewall.

        All in all a LEAF box is as reliable as the hardware you run it on.  I am
running my LEAF box on a K-6-2 450mhz and it's getting a little up there in
age, about two years of 24/7 service.  So it's time to get something new and
start running it as a development system.  I always run a development
system, with the version of LEAF that I am going to put into service, for
about 90 days prior to putting it into service.  That way I can locate those
little known issues...

        You ultimately will be the one responsible for your company so you need to
choose what you will be comfortable supporting.

Best of Luck,

Steve