Lynn

guitarlynn wrote the following at 19:56 30.08.2002:
>I recently switched out a Dachstein floppy firewall with a
>Dachstein CD firewall. The major difference between the
>two firewalls was the addition of ssh on the new one running
>DCD. My problem is any attempt to ssh to a WAN client ends
>in a "server refused a secure connection" error. I can ssh to
>the firewall itself from any LAN computer and I can ssh to
>a remote host from the firewall itself fine. It appears as if
>the firewall is not forwarding the ssh request packets to
>the WAN boxes.
>
>I have been unable to find the same error in the archives
>and since I am initiating the connection on the LAN, the
>connection should be using a non-priviledged port.
>Is there anyone else that has run into this error and/or
>has someone come up with a better solution than simply
>eliminating ssh on the firewall???

I believe you are barking up the wrong tree.
Unless you do some fancy port forwarding I don't see how the presence of
ssh on the firewall should prevent you from passing a ssh connection
through it. I have been running a floppy based box including ssh exactly
the way you want to.

cheers

Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024  8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16