On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 16:34, Todd MacDougall wrote:
> I plan on using the Bering distro to service up to 75-80 users.  Are
> there any configurations that I should be addressing before doing this?
> For example, should I be changing cache sizes?

Are you using squid?

One problem I ran into is that the connection tracking table isn't big
enough:

Sep 4 15:35:12 vhe-400072 kernel: ip_conntrack: table full, dropping
packet.

This can be solved with:

echo "any_bigger_number" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max

You may want to prevent individual users from using too much of the
available bandwidth. I suggest reading the Advanced-Routing-HOWTO:

http://www.lldp.org/HOWTO/Adv-Routing-HOWTO/index.html

and the section on traffic shaping of the shorewall documentation at

http://www.shorewall.net/

Ewald