3.4p1 from http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/packages/sshd.lrp
more research revieled that this is only a problem on 2.2 kernels...so
it sould work on beering (yes?)

--OK-- just got it working!
if anyone else has this problem simply add this line to your sshd
config file:

Compression no

and it sould work!  I'm sooooo happy now!

-later
-matt

On Mon, 09 Sep 2002 01:02:28 -0500, "Michael D. Schleif"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Which package of sshd?
>
> matt wrote:
> >
> > hello again everyone.  i'm having a problem with sshd.  everything
> > loads well, and looks like it's running (according to netstat and ps
> > ax).  every time i connect with the client software, the connection is
> > imediately dropped (before any key is passed).  Here's what PuTTY's
> > event log records:
> >
> > Server version: SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.4p1
> > We claim version: SSH-1.5-PuTTY
> > Using SSH protocol version 1
> >
> > and nothing else.  a window reports that the connection was closed by
> > the remote host.
> >
> > each login attempt causes an entry in auth.log:
> >
> > sshd[923]: fatal: mmap(65536): Invalid argument
> >
> > the 923 changes....but i believe that is to be expected (differet
> > processes?)
> >
> > anyway...does anyone hane any idea what's goin wrong here?
> > I'm using dachstein btw.
>
> --
>
> Best Regards,
>
> mds
> mds resource
> 888.250.3987
>
> Dare to fix things before they break . . .
>
> Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
> think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .

http://fastmail.fm
Any faster and it wouldn't be email!