Greetings,
  System: Bering RC-3, Generic 2 interface firewall.

My local ISP (Charter Communications) is having problems with the PUMP
client. On their recommendation, I am converting over to teh DHCLIENT
package instead. I downloaded the DHCLIENT.LRP package from
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/bering/latest/packages/ and the
installation seemed to go smoothly.

However, it does not seem to function upon startup. If I execute

dhclient eth0

All seems well. Did I miss part of the setup? I need to specify that the
client ask for an IP on eth0 (and ONLY eth0, dhcpd is running on eth1).

The documentation mentions "The interface used by dhclient is read from the
network.conf variable IF_DHCP. Other DHCP client packages typically specify
the interface to use in the startup script, which can normally be edited via
the lrcfg menu system."
(http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=1422&group_id=13751)

I could not find a network.conf file.

Other good information was available at