Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to set getty to timeout console logins
after a given period of idleness.  For example, I can set my NetScreen
to terminate my login if it has been idle for 15 minutes.

I'm thinking primarily of actual console usage (keyboard and monitor
directly connected to the firewall), but if this could be addressed for
a serial console then that would be an improvement, too.
If the getty that is standard w/ Bering-1.0-rc3 doesn't support it, does
anyone know of a getty version that would?
Also, might there be some way with an external process to monitor the
tty, login, or shell for idleness and kill-off the login if it exceeds
the threshold?

Thanks,
Brian