Dave,

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 21:21:32 +0100 Dave wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am upgrading to the latest version of the bewan adsl pci card drivers
> (http://www.bewan.com/bewan/drivers/bapst-0.3.4.tar.gz)
>
> I have setup up the debian/slink virtual uml and compiled the driver,
> but when I try and load the module I get

Since these are kernel modules, I don't think you need to use
slink to compile them.  Only Dachstein and Bering userspace code
needs to be compiled against glibc-2.0.7.  Hopefully someone more
knowledgeable will correct me if I have mis-spoken.

> # insmod unicorn_atm
> Using /lib/modules/unicorn_atm.o
> insmod: unresolved symbol do_BUG
>
> I did have some problems getting the compile to work, but eventually
> got it compiled against my redhat 2.4.18 kernel (it's the same as a
> deb 2.4.18 kernel, isn't it?)

If you want the modules to work with Jacques' Bering kernel,
you will need to follow the patching and compiling process
he used to create that kernel.  Then compile the modules
against that kernel source tree.  For RC3, there is some
information about the kernel patches and their sequence at
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/bering/rc3/patches/kernel/

I also posted a script I use to build Bering RC3 compatible
kernels at http://fritzfam.com/brad/leaftmp/make_bering_kernel .
The script has a fairly major bug; it doesn't apply the freeswan
patch.  Still, it might help get you started.  Applying the
freeswan patch *should* be as simple as

cd freeswan-1.97; make oldgo KERNELSRC=<patched Bering kernel src dir>

after running the script.

Hope that helps.

--Brad