Jason Taylor wrote:
> I'm trying to redirect port 24 to 25 for a single IP.  My rules file
> line is:
>
> DNAT loc dmz:10.10.1.1:25 tcp 24 - 10.10.1.1
>
> It appears that this rule is useless because the original destination IP
> matches the destination IP.

I'd like to understand why it's useless, but maybe it's just
how the shorewall code processes things.  I've been racking
my brain a bit on this one.  It's an interesting desire,
especially because I wrote one of the original firewalls
used on lrps, before the days of LEAF, and never tried this.

> Leaving off the - 10.10.1.1 portion does redirect all tcp traffic from
> loc destined for port 24 as expected.

You mean like this?

       DNAT loc dmz:10.10.1.1:25 tcp 24 - -

> However, I would still like to have it dropped unless destined
 > for this particular host.

That seems easy enough.  Just put another line right above
the one that you've got that works like this:

     REJECT  loc  dmz:!10.10.1.1   tcp 24    -   -
     DNAT    loc  dmz:10.10.1.1:25 tcp 24    -   -

Let me know if this works.  I'm digging around for another
nic to setup a dmz to test this, but I may get sidetracked
by the new puppy.

regards,
matthew