Matthew Schalit wrote:

> That seems easy enough.  Just put another line right above
> the one that you've got that works like this:
>
>     REJECT  loc  dmz:!10.10.1.1   tcp 24    -   -
>     DNAT    loc  dmz:10.10.1.1:25 tcp 24    -   -
>

> Let me know if this works.  I'm digging around for another
> nic to setup a dmz to test this, but I may get sidetracked
> by the new puppy.

The firewall script available from the 1.3.8 Errata allows the following
to work correctly:

DNAT    loc     dmz:10.10.1.1:25        tcp 24  -       10.10.1.1

The problem was that Shorewall was only generating the nat table mapping
if the original and server IP addresses were different. The new code
generates this mapping if the ports are different as well.

-Tom
ICQ: #60745924  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]