I'm having trouble figuring out how to add a script (which starts my own
app) upon boot after the system and packages are in place. In a standard
LINUX dist, I would probably put the script in a rc.local directory. What do
I do on LEAF?

I noticed that the rcx.d links are done dynamically on LEAF. This is where I
would consider building a script (/etc/init.d), but how do I get it to
execute on boot?

I'm using the Bering LEAF distribution.

I also noticed that in /etc/default there is a rcS file that speaks to a
"DYNARCD=yes" instruction. If I say no to this, what happens? Could I then
add a startup init.d script. If so, will / directories and all packages be
installed by that time?

thanks in advance,
dave