-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ewald
Wasscher
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 4:26 PM
To: Warren Post
Cc: leaf-user
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] OT: Won't boot if headless

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 22:04, Warren Post wrote:
> This is a hardware problem, not a LEAF problem. But perhaps someone has
> faced this issue before.
>
> Now that I have sshd working on our Dachstein box I want to
> run it headless. Only now do I discover that it won't boot unless I plug
> a keyboard back in. As a workaround I've got an old keyboard that
> doesn't work very well plugged into the box, but that is both an
> inelegant solution and a temptation to idle fingers. And our frequent
> power outages mean that the box must reboot often and reliably.
>
> I suspect that the problem is hardwired and the only solution is to
> change the motherboard. (I see no BIOS settings that should affect the
> keyboard.) But somebody prove me wrong, please.

In many bioses there is an option like "Halt on:" where you can choose
if your machine should refuse booting if it has no keyboard, no
videocard etc, or that it should boot without those. You should be able
to find more information in the manual of the mainboard. For most
mainboards the manual can be found at the manufacturer's website if you
don't have it anymore.

Ewald Wasscher