On Sunday 29 September 2002 05:08, Vic Berdin wrote:

>    VPN1-CLI
>
>             |eth0: 192.168.4.1
>             |gw:    192.168.4.200
>             |eth1: 192.168.4.200
>             |gw:    192.168.2.1
>
>   VPN1 BOX

>From the look of things, your using Dachstein, so I will assume this.
Looks pretty unusual to use eth1 as an external interface, this can
bork the networking pretty good with Dachstein in the default setup.

> ip_masq_ipsec           7328   0 (unused)

DO NOT USE the ipsec module with Dachstein it will bork everything
up with the ipsec-kernel. The module is only used for pass-through
with Dachstein.

> Jul 30 03:42:30 SR3K-VPN1 Pluto[1574]: packet from
> 192.168.2.200:61070: initial Main Mode message received on
> 192.168.2.1:500 but no connection has been authorized

Looks like your keys/naming isn't right in ipsecrets and the point
of failure unless having the ipsec module loaded is messing the
connection up here (good possibility).

--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!