Hello
I am trying to set up and testing a VPN-network with Bering and Ipsec. For
testing I am using VmWare (on W2000). VmWare can only read 1,44MB disk and
my plan was to strip down a disk and use Partial Backup and a CD-image.

But I can not get Partial Backup working correct.
I am using Bering_1.0-rc3_img_bering_1680
I have removed all except:
  initrd
  root
  etc
  local
  modules
  shorwall

I am doing a full Backup on initrd and trying to do Partial on the rest.

The only changes I have done to the disk are adding the files for the CD
(IDE) in /boot/... and removing some modules in /lib/modules

I get the message for all package I try to do a Partial Backup:

WARNING - List of local configuration files not found!
  Defaulting to package files in /etc and /varlib/lrpkg

I am also losing information e.g. settings for the interfaces after the
backup.

I have used the Partial Backup on Dachstein without problem and I can not
find any information that helps me.

Anyone who can help me?

/Lars Emilsson