Craig,
    Is there a reason that you want the traffic to the 2nd Bering box to
"flow  through" the school's lan.
Instead of a VPN I would setup a dmz.
add a third interface to bering and run your lan behind it and the
school's lan on the 2nd interface.

        Internet--------bering------your private lan (honey pot)

                             schools lan

If your dead set on a VPN use IP/Sec. It's supported by the Free S/WAN
project for linux and Bering.

good luck
chris