Hello Craig , list,

> Hi Eric,
> Yes, that's absolutely correct. They are two different physical
> locations. We have an IT department that does not allow us to "touch"
> the incoming line at the router to the school. They will just allow us
> to use the extra public IP addresses that we would actually connect to
> inside my office. So I'm trying to figure out (somehow) how to "route"
> these extra public addresses from my office at one location to the
> student classroom at another location without (or at least minimizing
> the risk of) "compromising" the school network security. Suggestions???
> Thank you so much for your help! Have a great weekend!!!

If I understand you correctly then your office belongs to the school
net, and you get "one wire " connected to your public address here.

The second location has got the server and the connection between
your office and that classroom is a vpn kind of connection managed
by your IT Department.
The only way to reach the other  classroom is to use this connection
thereby you have to "enter " the school network.
In that case it is probably the best solution to use a tunnel ( which
would then be a tunnel in a tunnel ;) at the outside. ( internet )
You probably could do it by routing directly without tunneling by
makeing a static route from your Bering  to the student server .your
route to the studentserver haveing only its IP ,this is in effect the
situation you have if you nat an external address to an internal
server.
But I think useing a "tunnel" and thereby isolating the traffic from the
local "school" traffic would be better.

So IMHO your primary idea was the best :)
BTW
1 . Unless you have got experience with ipsec.,I would do the setup
with the local boxes at one location untill they work and then transfer
the second box to its definitive location,
 thereby minimizing connection problems with for example a firewall
at the IT Departments router.
2. Perhaps it is a good idea to create a second "virtual" connection
from your office computer to the student server to be able to remote
controll the computer.  Also a nice opportunity to play with TC ;)

regards and a great weekend also

Eric Wolzak
member of the Bering Crew