On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 03:27:03AM +0200, ArisB wrote:

> I've followed the install instructions on the website, it still isn't
> working.
> but when i install a ssh client on the firewall and then try to connect to
> the sshd (wich is allso on the firewall) i still can't connect, then i get
> "exchange_identification : connection closed by remote host" and in the
> host.allow is a line "ALL: 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0".

Shutdown the sshd daemon on the firewall, and start it from the command
line like so:

sshd -ddd

...and watch what happens when you connect.  Likewise, when connecting, use:

slogin -v me@myfirewall

...or:

ssh -v me@myfirewall

Then report what the server said, and report what the client said.
Note that after a connection (successful or not) the sshd client
running in debug mode quits.  You'll have to restart your sshd
server normally - but if it doesn't work, it may not matter...