From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:leaf-user-admin@;lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Stephen Lee
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 4:55 AM
To: Kache
Cc: Leaf-user
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] vnc no-go; hair = pulled out

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 22:15, Kache wrote:
> of four lines I need, two for each open port, all of
> which will go in the /etc/network.conf. The two intern
> ones would look something like
> INTERN_SERVERS="tcp_${EXTERN_IP_vncstd_192.168.1.1_vncstd
> INTERN_SERVERS="tcp_${EXTERN_IP_vncweb_192.168.1.1_vncweb
                                                           ^^^^^
You seem to be missing the end of the line and I believe INTERN_SERVERS
should be defined on one line or continued onto the next line with "\".
I don't think you can have more than 1 INTERN_SERVERS line (others can
correct me if I'm wrong). I suspect that if you do then only the last
assignment of the variable takes effect.

> and the two in the extern tcp section would look like
>
> EXTERN_TCP_PORT1="0/0 vncstd"
> EXTERN_TCP_PORT2="0/0 vncweb"
>
> (vncstd and vncweb are defined to a 59xx and 58xx port
> in that definition file, and PORT0 is already FTP)

I assume you have vncstd and vncweb defined in /etc/services? If not
then you have to specify the previously defined shell variables as
${vncstd} and ${vncweb}.

Stephen