Steve Buehler wrote:

I just purchased 6 new nic cards, 3coms 3C905C. I can't find a driver for them, but noticed that the 3c59x driver seems to work for them. Are there any problems that anybody knows about that this may cause? Or is the 3c59x the standard for all of the new 3com cards?

3c59x is the original driver for most 3Com PCI cards including the 3C905 series.

There is another driver specifically for the later revisions released by compaq, though it is written by the same guy. I never figured out what advantage you gain running the 3Com driver.