At 02:24 PM 10/31/02 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

WELL, this raises a question:

I have, for a year, been adding address to eth0
without creating an alias/virtual device.
The purpose for the extra addresses has been to
forward them to DMZ servers, and it seems to work fine.
First ... what's the question? You don't ask one here.

Second ... both Jeff and I commented earlier that informed discussion of this topic needed some details, like a look at your interface list and your routing table, as well as your telling us how you add these addresses. This remains true.