Hi!

I'm getting mad with this problem...

I've got cable modem which provides me a connection to i-net. And I wont to
use Dachstein/Bering router to share the net. Probably one of the standard
using of this distro :-). I connected everything, configured modules,
network cards, ... and try to connect. Everything was fine (I've got DHCP
leased succesful and I was able to broswe the net - also at internal
network, also directly from the router). But after a while (5-30min) the
connection suddenly stops. Modem is stil blinking and I can ping router from
local network (but ONLY the router, I losted the connection out). But from
the router I can't ping out" If I restart Dachstein/Bering router, it can't
lease new IP and the only way how to solve it is restart the cable modem!
I tried to change pump lease time (shorter and longer) but without success.
Everytime it screwes up after this period of time (10min in  average). I
really don't know what shall I do. I'm now thinking about completely disable
the firewall function and set routing (with masqurade) for ALL trafic. Does
somebody have any idea how to solve this problem? I can send also some LOG
files.

Thanks a lot, Vasek.

---
Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
Verze: 6.0.408 / Virová báze: 230 - datum vydání: 24.10.2002