From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:leaf-user-admin@;lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Cheryl Li
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 6:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [leaf-user] dhclient bounds to different ip

This is the output I get when trying to use dhclient on my LEAF (the
Dachstein Linux Router Project) --

Listening on LPF/eth0/00:a0:24:xx:xx:xx
Sending on LPF/eth0/00:a0:24:xx:xx:xx
Sending on Socket/fallback/fallback-net
DHCPREQUEST on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67
DHCPACK from 64.180.160.xxx

IP filters: firewall [IP Forwarding: ENABLED]
bound to 10.29.71.xx -- renewal in 10800 seconds

My question is, WHY is it binding this external ip to a local ip?
(10.29.71...)  Btw this card is attached to my ADSL modem.  As a result, I
can't ping anywhere outside my LAN.  (I have a 2nd card whose IP is static,
and that works fine.)  Would this have to do with ip forwarding or the 'ip
masq'?

Thanks for the help,
Cheryl