Correct me if I am wrong; but, isn't transport mode solely for
host-to-host vpn's?

Everything seems to be OK in auth.log and ipsec look appears OK, when I
use tunnel mode -- however, we cannot ping nor telnet nor ftp to the
other side.  tcpdump shows outgoing requests; but, nothing comes back.
Unfortunately, the other side is not cooperative, because he insists
that we must use a cisco like he is, and he's determined to prove that
to us all ;<

When I select type=transport, auth.log process never completes and no
``IPSec SA is established ...'' appears.

What do you think?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .