Support Requests item #594097, was opened at 2002-08-13 03:57
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=213751&aid=594097&group_id=13751

Category: Release/Branch: Dachstein
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Dachstein will not start on my 486 DX4/100 with 32MB
of RAM.  Here is a summary of the boot process before
it locks up.

     IP Filters: [IP Forwarding: DISABLED] flushed

SIOCGIFFLAGS: Operation not supported by device

Bind socket to interface: Operation not supported by
device exiting

Starting Network: [IP Always Defrag: ENABLED]

   IP filters: firewall [IP Forwarding: ENABLED]

   Loopback interface: lo

   Starting interface: Cannot find device "eth1"

   SIOCGIFFLAGS: Operation not supported by device
eth1

         Hostname: firewall

         Static NS: 2 hosts

At this point the cursor just sits and flashes.

On my other systems the disk will boot completely,
with the summary I have provided, same as what's
written above.  (Including the operation not supported by
device stuff)  Any insight on why it won't continue past
this point on the 486?

As I said before it is a 486 DX4/100 with 32MB RAM.  I
have stripped it down to just the PCI video card and the
PCI NIC card.  I've tried booting it with no NIC card, and
1 card and 2 cards.  If I boot the system under Windows
98, it will detect the network cards so they appear to be
functioning.

I would appreciate any suggestions you have.

Dion

Comment By: magic freeman (kiwispaniol)