On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:42:07 CST you wrote:

> I downloaded and built the hostap-2002-10-12 driver
> and did insmod hostap.o, good, hostap_crypt.o, good
> and then hostap_pci.o and got device not found.
>
> The card, handed to me by my boss is a DLink DWL 520+
> which is SUPPOSED to be Prism2.5
>
> Do you spot anything i've done wrong?  If not i'm gonna go get a syslink
> or SMC.

The DWL 520 is prism2.5, but the 520+ is not (or so I've heard).
This posting on the soekris-tech list gives more info:

http://lists.soekris.com/pipermail/soekris-tech/2002-September/000758.html

There is an OEM version of the 520 available with slightly
higher power output too, IIRC.  The details should be in
the soekris-tech archives, but I don't remember the OEM's
name offhand.

--Brad