Hi Tony

Tony Cappelli wrote the following at 20:08 25.11.2002:
Hello,

Two quickies:

1. Can anyone share what DoC media they have used successfully with the WISP distribution, and which US vendor they obtained the media from? I have searched the web for an hour trying to find anyone selling M-Systems, SST or Sandisk media IDE flash systems.
SST sells through representatives worldwide, Apacer builds some of the same stuff. I went through their respective representative for the country and found a retailer but the minimal order would have been 10. I only wanted them to prove the write protection set up and was lucky to get samples. I believe Homer Parker suggested pooling the orders. I believe if you live in the states that should be easy.

2. Can anyone with a working PCI-->PCMCIA orinoco desktop Bering machine please explain what specific modules you have installed? Is it "orinoco_pcmcia.o" or "p80211.o" or what? What does your syslinux.cfg look like? I can not get the green light on the Orinoco card to illuminate so I think I have a long way to go.
No experience, but all I heard about the PCI->PCMCIA adapters is that most people suggest using ISA->PCMCIA

HTH

Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024 8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16