On Wednesday 27 November 2002 22:49, Andrew Braund wrote:
> Bering v1.0-stable
> AMD 586 24M ram 200M HDD
>
> I followed the LRP Hard Disk HOWTO at
> http://leaf.sourceforge.net/pub/doc/howto/LRPHardDiskHOWTO.txt
>
> I have been able to successfully mount a hard disk partition
> once leaf has booted from floppy but I am having trouble getting
> the boot from HDD going.

Things are slightly different with Bering, you would have been better
off using the IDE information included in the Bering Users Manual.
I believe the mistake your making is not having the IDE modules
included in initrd.... which will require creating a new/modified
initrd. W/o this support on boot, no packages can be loaded via
IDE drives.
--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!