OK.  I quickly made the change in number (from 100 to 93) before I left for
work.  I now get reasonable output from 'fdisk -l /dev/nftla'.  Didn't
right it down but it gave size/cyl/etc.

I will have to wait until I get home now to see if I can mount it.  The
network here won't let me SSH and I haven't added that module (won't fit on
floppy, hence using DOC).

Stay tuned for further results :)

John

                      "Brad Fritz"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>               To:       "John Mullan"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      Sent by:                          cc:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:  Re: [leaf-user]
Problem: Bering DOC in latest "stable" version
                      ceforge.net

                      12/02/2002 09:51 PM

On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 21:34:37 EST you wrote:

> OK.  Now we are getting somewhere.
>
> First, my major is 100, not 93.  That is left over from when I used
> Dachstein.  I didn't think it would make a big difference, but then I
> don't know a lot about the inner workings of things.

Yep, that will definitely cause problems.

> The lsmod output is exactly in the order you mention below (of course
> with a lot of other stuff preceeding it).

I suspect changing the major number will fix the current problems.
Your modules are probably setup correctly.

> I'll try changing the major number ( in /var/lib/lrpkg/root.dev.mk
> right?) first.

Yes, /var/lib/lrpkg/root.dev.mk .  There should be a pair of
lines like:

  #Disk-On-Chip
  makedevs nftla b 93 0 0 4 s >null 2>&1

in it.  As of Bering 1.0-stable (and probably 1.0-rc4), everything
in initrd.lrp, including root.dev.mk should work out-of-the-box
with DiskOnChip 2000 modules.

Sounds like you're getting close.  Good luck.

--Brad