--On Tuesday, December 03, 2002 06:47:04 PM -0800 Chad Carr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Under Debian I did apt-get install iptables-dev.  Then do man libipq to
get started.

The target will be QUEUE.  You must write a userspace program to receive
the packets, rules to direct the packets you desire to target QUEUE, and
finally, set the verdict on the packet to DROP or ACCEPT.

There is also a perl interface to libipq.  Depending on how far you need
to peek into the packet, it may not be suitable for production use.

I have some source code if you need it.  I don't have it right here but
can get it to you tomorrow.

Shorewall currently does not support the QUEUE target. If there is a need, I can provide a version of Shorewall that does support this target. Be aware though that I have neither the time nor the inclination to test such a target so I would be counting on Phillip to do so.

-Tom
--
Tom Eastep \ Shorewall - iptables made easy
AIM: tmeastep \ http://shorewall.sf.net