OK.  I could be misinterpreting.  I was under the assumption that the
builder is buying cable service from a provider (wholesale) then supplying
his development.

If he is playing the whole cable provider scenario, starting with the whole
'head end', then it probably gets a little more simple.  Still a bit of a
cost associated with being the head-end.  I would imagine that using LEAF
router to interface between backbone and higher-speed cable modem
(1000mbps?) to keep up with the 'subscribers' cable modems makes sense to
me.  If, however, he IS buying cable signal from another supplier, he would
have to make some sort of arrangement to integrate with their internet
service, or block the sub-low band (where the data is) and supply his own.

OK.  I'm rambling about something I am not totally familiar with and
haven't really investigated......

:-)

Cheers.....

=======================================
Work:       http://www.olgclotteries.com
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            888-345-7568 ext 2205

Personal:   http://www.mullan.ca
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MSN:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
=======================================

                      "S Mohan"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 To:       "John Mullan"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
                      Sent by:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                      ceforge.net                       Subject:  RE: [leaf-user]
Cable Connections

                      12/10/2002 06:29 AM

There must be some place where the provider converts to ethernet to connect
to the Internet. Atleast before the router. Why not plug this in at that
point? Am I missing something trivial here?

Mohan