On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Jeff Newmiller wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, David A. Bright wrote:
>
> > other O/S installed on it and I'm using GRUB. Can someone tell me (or point me
> > to info about) how to boot LEAF with GRUB? My first attempts weren't
>
> I will mention that this is a weak request for information... you need to

Sorry you think it is weak. Perhaps this will help: I followed the
instructions in the Bering User's Guide for booting from a hard disk with a
few exceptions. One is that the partition used was /dev/hda3, not /dev/hda1.
Also > make a habit of putting specific information like actual configuration
> files (at least the relevant portions, though judging that can get you in
> trouble too) and actual error messages.
>
> The requirements for loading LEAF are the ability to load the kernel and
> initrd image, and an MSDOS or ISO9660 filesystem (depending on version) to
> load packages from.  I haven't used GRUB, but if it is like LILO it
> doesn't know how to dig the kernel and initrd images out of those funky
> partitions, which is the expertise of syslinux or isolinux.
>
> If you have a more appropriate filesystem for GRUB to pull these images
> off of, you might try separating them from the packages on their MSDOS
> partition and putting them in that location.  Alternatively, you might add
> support for ext2 to the initrd image (/boot/lib/modules) and pull
> everything from an ext2 partition.
>
> I haven't done either of these things though, so if you _did_, your
> too-brief report has wasted time for both of us because your problem is
> more specific than this answer is.

> DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
> /Software/Embedded Controllers)               .OO#.       .OO#.  rocks...2k

David A. Bright