[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

When you DHCRELAY, it sends the interface's IP Address to the DHCP Server, the DHCP Server then attempts to match that to a known subnet and assign IP addresses from that subnet.
Ok, I think I got it now, thanks for taking time to explain it. :)

Do I understand correctly, that the DHCP server tries to communicate with IP 192.168.0.1, and that would fail because it doesn't have a route to it (in your case)?

So if you have Segment A, Segment B, RouterA and Router B

Segment A - Router A - Segment B - RouterB
     192.168.0.1  192.168.2.1   192.168.2.2
--
Best Regards,
Vladimir