I have been using NO-IP.com for almost a year.  They also provide full DNS
service (including MX) and a web based configuration interface.

However, they price the MX service seperate from the rest of their DNS
service.  Together runs me about $50US (a fortune to a Great White North
Canadian like myself :-) per year.

Great service though and support is very acceptable.

Due to the nature of things, I use TinyDNS in private configuration only so
I can resolve my domain internally.  The need to do so came about when some
of my web documents refered to 'mullan.ca' which is hosted on internal
machine (not recommended by most listers).  Without TinyDNS, this would not
work and had necessitated dual sets pages (one refering to local IP, one
refering to domain).

What I also like about the external service:  Both my brother and sister
use the free NO-IP DNS.  I actually make DNS entries for my domain that
point to their free domain.  IE:

      ladyofpool.no-ip.com  -> ladyofpool.mullan.ca
      mwmullan.no-ip.com  -> mike.mullan.ca

While probably not amazing to most on the list, I still find this 'neat'.

Just my 2cents.....

John
=======================================
Work:       http://www.olgclotteries.com
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            888-345-7568 ext. 2205

Personal:   http://www.mullan.ca
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MSN:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
=======================================

                      "Brad Fritz"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>               To:       Greg Morgan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      Sent by:                          cc:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:  Re: [leaf-user]
ez-ipupdate dynamic DNS service providers
                      ceforge.net

                      01/04/2003 08:07 AM

On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 22:02:55 MST Greg Morgan wrote:

> I own my very own domain name.  I want to point it at my leaf box and
> have a dynamic IP.  Can anyone provide feedback on their experiences
> with any of the dynamic DNS service providers listed here?
>
> http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/ezipupd1.html

I have used easyDNS[1] for the last 3 years or so.  I have not
used ez-ipupdate with my accounts though.  In that time, I cannot
remember having a single DNS problem.  They charge $35 per year
for ongoing domain registration (through opensrs.net), DNS
service (fully configurable via a web interface), and use of an
MTA as a secondary MX.  I recommend them highly.

Disclosure:
I am not affiliated with easyDNS nor was I paid to recommend
them.  I am a very happy easyDNS customer.

--Brad

[1] http://easydns.com/