Thanks for pointing this work around out, Brad. I hadn't looked at the CDROM section. But that fix things, thanks again.

Shed

Brad Fritz wrote:
Shed,

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:35:08 EST Shed wrote:

Is there max packages that can be loaded on default line in the syslinux.cfg file? (Bering 1_rc4) This is what I have:

Not a package limit but there is a line length limit of 254 or
255 characters.

default linux initrd=initrd.lrp log_size=16M init=/linuxrc root=/dev/ram0 boot=/dev/fd0u1680:msdos PKGPATH=/dev/fd0u1680,/dev/fd1u1440 LRP=root,etc,local,modules,iptables, ppp,pppoe,shorewall,daemontl,dnscache,tinydns,libm,ntpsimpl,libz,sshd,sftp,ezipupd,weblet

But it is only loading the following (per /var/log/messages and (#3)Packages list:
LRP=root,etc,local,modules,iptables,ppp,pppoe,shorewall,daemontl,dnscache,tinydns,libm,ntpsimpl,li

Looks like yours is (at least) 261 characters, hence the truncation.
You can work around that limitation by using a lrpkg.cfg file.
Check out http://leaf.sf.net/devel/jnilo/bubooting.html#AEN1155
for details.  (It's in an CD-ROM/isolinux booting section, but
will work for floppy booting too.)

--Brad