Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd let you all know that i just setup 'Bering' to boot from an
IDE IOMEGA Zip Drive.

Boots fairly quickly still (well not as quickly as the CD, but still much
faster than the floppy)

Its a fairly straight forward process (Its pretty much all covered in the
User Documentation under Booting other IDE devices)
Note: You'll want to make sure that your PC Bios can boot from IDE Zip drive
before you start

Here is how i done it.

*** Prepared disk content (i.e made a fully functional dual floppy setup)

*** Copied the module ide-mod and ide-floppy to /boot/lib/modules and backed
up initrd.

((Note: I already had ide-mod as i added CDROM support in the dual-floppy
setup, so you might need more modules, {follow the unresolved symbols,
luke}))

*** Created directory on windows box (c:\bzip) and copied disk(s) contents
to that location

*** Deleted LDlinux.sys from c:\bcd
((this is recreated on the zip disk by syslinux.com later on))

*** Download syslinux from
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/

>> I got syslinux 2.0 and it worked, don't know if this was a bad move, oh
well

*** In DOS, Ran syslinux.com -s d: ((d is the drive letter of my zip drive))

*** Edited syslinux.cfg and changed references to /dev/fd0u1680 to /dev/hdb
(( I have a CDROM on /dev/hda))

{Note: Don't use notepad for this! I don't know if you can use edit.com
either ((may be wrong)). I always use 'ae' or 'vi/vim' on a linux box to
do this, If you don't have a linux box use your bering firewall}

*** Copied all floppy disk(s) content to Zip Disk ((except ldlinux.sys which
is already on the zip))

*** Booted Zip Disk in Firewall Machine...

Hope this helps...

Jay