Homer

Homer Parker wrote the following at 18:04 29.01.2003:
        What would be the best way to handle Symantec's LiveUpdate through a
Bering 1.0 firewall? Tom says using domain names is not a goot thing, and
I understand the reasoning behind that. liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com
resolves to several IPs on akamai.net, so putting in IPs will be a
constant game of whack-a-mole :( I have several workstations that have had
Internet access blocked, but need to keep the updates... One option of
course is to sell him the corperate edition, and let the 2k server handle
it... But, I would prefer the 2k server to not have Internet access..
AFAIK LiveUpdate is initiated from the station that requests it, so normally you don't need to set up anything as this is related traffic.

HTH

Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024 8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16