Hi.  Just me again.

I'm confused about what I can use in Shorewall Policies and Rules to
indicate the Firewall itself.  The text seems to tell me I must use $fw
but the initially commented out line in the Policy file uses just fw.
Are $fw and fw interchangeable in rules and policies?  Loc, dmz and net
don't need the '$'?

BTW, the other day I mentioned that some standard setup file had
allocated IP addresses in the same subnet to my eth1 and eth2.  The file
that does that is the interfaces file in Bering if you accept the
initially commented out configuration of the eth2 interface.  Have I
missed something here?

Thanks again for your advice.