Okay, my dhcpd file now reads as follows:

subnet 10.10.10.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
option routers 10.10.10.254;
option domain-name "esimail.org";
option domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
range 10.10.10.1 10.10.10.199;
}

I made the newbie mistake of thinking "option" meant "optional" so I hadn't changed them previously. (per Charles)

Switched eth1_IPADDR=10.10.10.1 to eth1_IPADDR=10.10.10.254 (per Lynn)

and checked the things Ray asked about:
the masq rule reads:

0 0 MASQ all ------ 0xFF 0x00 eth0 10.10.10.0/24 0.0.0.0/0 n/a

and cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward does return a 1

Now everything seems to work correctly! (Ping, web access, and SSH at least--I haven't put our Exchange server behind the firewall yet since there are other users in the office.) I am so thankful for your help through this.

Three more question before I go though:

1) Since the ISP's router is set to route incoming mail to our exchange server at it's current address (192.168.1.2) all I should have to do is assign that server a new static IP (something along the lines of 10.10.10.200) and let the ISP know about this change, right?

2) It looks like our ISP's router is set to renew nonstatic ip addresses every 27000 seconds (7.5 hours). I know this affects the ip address for eth0, will that affect anything else behind the firewall? Basically I'm wondering if this is okay to leave as-is or should I try to assign eth0 a static ip.

3) How do I enable the weblet application? I changed the settings in the weblet package: SERVER_NAME and SERVER_ADDR to both be 10.10.10.254 to match the eth1 address. I also changed the CLIENT_ADDR to 10.10.10. but so far I've been unable to access is from the internal NT box.

Thanks again,

Chris