From: Lynn Avants [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, 10 February 2003 1:57 PM
To: David Pitts
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Couple of General Questions

On Sunday 09 February 2003 11:35 pm, David Pitts wrote:
> One more time.
>
> Lynn, as you suggested I checked out the RCDlinks= parameters in
> Shorewall and uDHCPC init.d scripts.  Unfortunately, I didn't make too

> much sense of them.  What number indicates the order in which the
> scripts will run?

The "S" number is for start in a SysVinit system that most Linux
distributions use. The LRP/LEAF RCLINKS is a smaller version of what
full distro's use, but it works in the same way.... the smaller number
script starts first in the init process and then all other scripts are
run in numerical order.

The big thing to look for here is that udhcpc has a lower RCLINKS=S#
than shorewall does. You have to receive a dhcp lease before Shorewall
starts to run.

> I also noticed that the start script I had included a note that it
> only worked for the Mountain distros.  So I checked out the 'other'
> uDHCP package on your site and it says the same thing.  So I'm a bit
> confused about which script is for the non-Mountain distros (Bering in

> my case).

Hmmm.... I created the Dachstein version first, apparently I forgot to
take this comment out of the generic one. You will need the generic
package unless you are using Matterhorn, Eiger, Eigerstein, or
Dachstein. Bering, Oxygen, WIST-dist, and LINCE do NOT have the
mountain-variant's network.conf file that is sourced in the Dachstein
package.

> I also noticed that the first character in the RCDLinks= line for your

> uDHCP packages is an S where for most others it seems to be a 2.  I
> googled but couldn't find any info on RCDLinks options so I thought I
> would just ask!

Hmmm, I templated that script off of the dhclient script. You could
probably change it to 2.

Let me know what you come up with.
--
~Lynn Avants