On Monday 10 February 2003 08:08 am, Michael Leone wrote:

> >> However, I have changed /etc/network/options, and changed spoofprotect
> >> to no. Doesn't that turn off route filtering?
> >
> > It's set in shorewall configuration (interfaces(?)).
>
> I thought it might, but the Bering docs indicate otherwise - that the
> easiest way is by changing /etc/network/options.
>
> > If that's all the "real" tunnel config is missing, these are only the
> > "general" settings for every tunnel you'll define.
>
> Correct; the tunnel definition is missing. That's what I was asking about
> - what do I need to put here to make the tunnel work properly with a Pix
> using pre-shared keys. The examples I've found on the FreeS/WAN site are
> confusing and contradictory.

It would definately be in your best interest to read the Shorewall Ipsec/VPN
page on http://www.shorewall.net . IPSec definately won't work with Shorewall
unless you configure shorewall correct. Do not use the 509 package if you are
not using certs, the 509 package probably will not work with PSK's.
--
~Lynn Avants
Linux Embedded Firewall Project developer