Lynn Avants ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) had this to say on 02/10/03 at 19:17:
> On Monday 10 February 2003 10:58 am, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
>
> > I am unaware of any issue that would prevent you from continuing to use
> > PSKs after switching to the 509 version of FreeS/WAN.  As far as I know,
> > PSKs work identically between the "plain" and x.509 patched versions.
>
> That might be, I thought the packages (after 1.91 anyway) would bomb out
> on initiation if the certs weren't loaded (or there) on the x509 package. In

Actually, I have the certs already, and they seem to be loading (which
doesn't mean that they *work*, of course :-) And if not, almost certainly my
error creating/configuring the certs).

I think that if they load without error, I can then use PSKs instead of the
certs, if I choose. Or use both, perhaps, depending on the tunnel config.

> any case, it would be one less layer of possible problems until it tries to
> authenticate using PSK.

Hopefully, we'll find out soon. I followed the Shorewall VPN document to the
letter, and now will be trying to verify my ipsecrets.conf entries.

(left is me, right is them - do I have that right? If so, I have all the
entries, except for that rightnexthop .. is that the gateway entry for the
other subnet?)