Sean wrote:
So, after much discussion, is there anything specific you would like me
to do Shorewall before I gather statistics?  I can shut off all my other
machines and turn on/off everything/nothing, logg everything...whatever.
Just let me know what.  How about Dachstein?

I'll be making my attempt in about 3 hours (8:30 est) after the young
one goes to bed.  I've got to find a patient relative who will put up
with my trouble-shooting.

For a first shot on Bering, I think that the procedure that I outlined before is still appropriate.

If you have tcpdump on the Dachstein box, I'd love to capture everything that happens on your remote interface during a successful connection.

-Tom
--
Tom Eastep \ Shorewall - iptables made easy
Shoreline, \ http://www.shorewall.net