Tom wrote:

> I just read their Magic Bullet paper and I think that it works with
> Dachstein because on Dachstein (as with Seawall), the "Masquerade Port
> Range" is left open by the firewall. This allows incoming SYN packets
> to sail right through the firewall AND will even route it to the correct
> internal system. It is a cute trick except that it is based on being
> able to exploit the primative capabilities of ipchains.

I only want to point out that Dachstein does not only open (not forward,
only open) all ports in the Masquerade port range, it opens all TCP and UDP
ports from 1024 to 65535.
Perhaps this statement helps finding the problem.

I don't know if this helps and I can't say more about the EyeBall problem
because I know too less about how p2p tools like kazaa (and EyeBall) etc.
works.

so long
--
Sandro Minola           | LEAF Developer (http://leaf.sourceforge.net)
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]