Hi Dietmar,

 My Problem is that my "live-system" is a Bering uClibc Disk and i was not
 able to find a compiled uClibc hdparm-binary nor have a clue how to do this
without creating a whole development environment ;-)
I can give it a shot tomorrow evening (CET). I've made the "hdsupp" package (with fdisk and so on) for bering uClibc, and I guess hdparm would fit in there too (as I recall, we even discussed that among the uClibc developers, but decided against putting that in, since we didn't see much use for it (none of us is using "real" HDs, only CF discs, which is probably why we didn't see much use for it.))

I'll let you know when I have a binary (I'm afraid I won't be able to test it, since none of my uClibc boxes have a harddisk).

Martin